Thursday, May 5, 2016

Indexing Assignment, reflection

Just some thoughts on my Omeka experience:

1. Everyone did such an amazing job with their indexing. As in a really really good job. Anytime I had a question or concern, people were there to help, anytime I was unsure about something, I could look to the guide and everything was clear.

2. So, I've had experience with Omeka before. I took a semester in my undergrad for digital history, and as such I was able to assist in putting together a collection for Dolly White (Link here). With this experience, I found that I really enjoyed the deeper understanding LS566 gave me this semester. Whereas I feel as though in my undergrad I merely dipped my toes into understanding this software, metadata gave me an opportunity to really see what Omeka can do.

3. No, seriously, the indexes were awesome.
























No comments:

Post a Comment